The Tumor Imaging Metrics Core (TIMC) provides standardized measurements of radiological scans for oncology clinical trials.
The TIMC's primary services include:
- Consultation for protocol design
- Image capture of radiological scans from local or remote sites
- Tumor measurements from scans of patients on clinical trials according to trial protocol
- Web-based reporting of results with annotated images and results summary
- Database management of radiological data for clinical trials
- Quantitative and qualitative measurement of tumors according to trial protocol
TIMC's web-based systems ensure easy ordering and access—anywhere, anytime—with exceptionally fast turnaround.
Tumor measurement criteria include RECIST, WHO, Cheson, irRC, PCWG, SUV, Choi, IMWG, RANO, 3D volume, which are performed on CT, MRI, and PET imaging studies.
Since its inception in 2005, TIMC has analyzed more than 80,000 scans for over 1,000 clinical trials, including 11 disease programs and 7 institutions.
In an anonymous survey, clinical trial staff reported that TIMC's services are fast, accurate, and greatly improve the reliability of tumor response measurement. An in-house study of inter-rater reliability among image analysts resulted in a reliability coefficient of 0.94.